Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Couponing Update - August

For the last few weeks of July,  I did the Weight Watchers weight loss eating program. I started eating healthy and watched portion control. So far I've lost 8 pounds! For the month of August, J joined me. It increased our grocery bill a bit as we try to finish up the not-so-good-for-you food in our pantry and make healthier choices.

Here's what I got free this month:
  • 4 cups of yogurt - it was both healthy and I picked great flavors!
  • a dozen eggs
  • 16 oz. mini peeled carrots
  • 5 small packages of feminine products
  • 1 package of pens (10 count)
  • 1 full-size hair spray
  • Store Brand Raisin Bran Crunch - a store I shop at has a "Buy Theirs Get Ours Free" program each month. One of the featured items this month, was Kellogg's Raisin Bran Crunch. My brother loves the stuff, so it looks like a care package is in his not-so-distance future! 
  • 1 full-size bottle of barbeque sauce 
  • 3 protein bars
Other deals:
  • One of the items we're switching over is white rice to brown rice. This month I found Uncle Ben's Boil in a Bag Brown Rice. Each box of rice had 4 bags in it. A serving is a half a bag so it's the perfect size for dinner for J and I. With a sale and a coupon, I was able to purchase 10 boxes (40 bags of rice) for $3!
  • 2 containers of coffee creamer for $0.50 each
  • 3 full-size containers of hand soap for $0.18 each or $0.56 for all 3

No comments:

Post a Comment