Monday, June 3, 2013

Pinterest Told Me To - Mustard and Mayo

I'm an avid blog reader. I've been mourning the death of Google Reader for several months now (this is the app I use to read all my blogs in one place rather than going from site to site). I've recently switched to BlogLovin' and I'm not lovin' it but it works out okay.

I have various categories of blogs that I read - couponing, craftiness, fashion, etc. I'm not sure how long I've been reading Pinterest Told Me To but it's a blog written by a gal named Sheaffer. She uses Pinterest to help her create new outfits and be inspired to put things together that she might normally never would. She has a great wardrobe and seems comfortable in her body. I on the other hand have been on a weight-loss journey so my wardrobe is full of stuff that no longer fits and I'm still trying to figure out my new ever-changing shape.

With that being said, I've tried several times to be inspired by Pinterest or Sheaffer's blog but it's failed almost every time. If it does seem to work I struggle with my confidence level in the outfit and end up changing before every walking outside. A recent post on Pinterest Told Me to was mustard and mayo. It just so happened that I found a yellow pair of pants on the clearance rack for $7.

Here's my version of mustard and mayo:
I give myself a B+ as it's not incredible but I was inspired and tried to think outside the box of what I typically wear. And I give myself a B+ for the added confidence I found somewhere hidden in my closet.

The first week of July marks a year of my weight loss journey. Look for a post then about where I was, where I am, and where I'm headed!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristin!
    I love your mustard and mayo combo! I can't believe you got those jeans for so cheap They look GREAT on you! I like your jewelry too. You nailed the look!
    Thanks for reading and for commenting!
    xoxo,
    Sheaffer :)

    ReplyDelete