Sunday, April 1, 2012

Couponing Update - March



Here's what I got free this month:
  • 5 envelopes of soup mix
  • 6 packages of gum
  • 1 bottle of nail polish (free courtesy of points I earned at Ulta this quarter)
  • 2 tubs of butter
  • 2 bottles of hair product
  • 1 bottle of yellow mustard
  • 2 bottles of spicy yellow mustard
Here are some extraordinary deals I got this month:
  • I finally went and shopped at Aldi. If you're not familiar with this store, it's very basic. You put a quarter in to "rent" a cart - when you return your cart you get your quarter back. You either bring your own shopping bags or are charged per bag if you use theirs. They do not carry brand names, but you can see how their brand is similar to the name brand you might be used to. You check out and go over to a different counter and bag your own groceries. With this method, they are able to keep costs very low. They were having a MEGA sale on produce (who says you don't buy produce when you coupon...) ! It was a great experience and I will definitely go back. Here's what I got for a little less than $24 - 
    • 6 green peppers - $2.98 for all 6
    • 3 tomatoes - $1.49 for all 3 
    • 3 heads of cabbage, $0.59 each - $1.77 for all 3
    • 3 packages of broccoli crowns (2 crowns per package), $0.89 each - $2.67 for all 3
    • 3 avocados, $0.69 each - $2.07 for all 3
    • 3 lbs. of lemons - $0.99 for all 3 pounds
    • 1 head of cauliflower - $0.89
    • 1 lb. strawberries - $0.49
    • 3 lbs. white onions - $1.49
    • 3 - 5 lb. packages of red potatoes, $0.99 each - $2.97 for all 3 (15 total pounds)
    • 1 package of white tortilla chips - $0.99
    • 1 box of saltines - $0.89
    • 1 package of 250 count napkins - $0.89
  •  The Fresh Market is a grocery store I typically stay aware from. It's pricey and one of those healthier grocery stores where everything is extremely fresh and weighed - all I see is dollar signs every time I go there. However, for the month of March on Tuesdays, they ran a deal. Each Tuesday they offered pork tenderloin, fresh bacon, and cage-free eggs all BOGO (buy one get one free). On one particular Tuesday, I went and spent $23.45 and got 4 lbs. of fresh bacon and 4 lbs. of pork tenderloin. I was able to break it all into smaller packages and freeze what we weren't using right away. I didn't have to use any coupons and got  A TON of meat for a great price!
With all my shopping trips combined this month,
I saved over $250
which averaged about 54% savings!

No comments:

Post a Comment